New pool

Jul 12, 2016
Oxford, MS
Hi, I am a pool newbie. In fact, we are in the process of erecting our pool now. It is a 30 ft round AG 48" pool that we are about to begin filling up with water. I joined this in an effort to gain knowledge. After reading several articles, I'm overwhelmed. I do have a SWG. What do I need to add to the water as soon as I fill it?

You'll need some chlorine (bleach or liquid chlorine) from Walmart, some Stabilizer (CYA) from Walmart or Lowes and some pool salt. Have those on hand. You'll have help knowing how much to put in by using the PoolMath app found above. You won't be able to use the SWG until 24 hours after all the salt is dissolved, so until then you'll want to use bleach to get the FC up to desired levels to avoid algae. CYA stabilizer needs to go in too to "hold" that FC in the water against the suns rays.

But first order a test kit to test your levels- either then TF-100 (preferred) or the Taylor's K-2006. Both can be had from TFTestkits.net or Amazon.

Start reading this: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and then move on to Pool School - Pool Chemistry

Pool School - Handy Reference

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.