Pleasanton, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I would welcome all TFP opinions for our intended new pool build.

Planned specs in signature.

Pool site is 18-40' from front to back from equipment pad of which pad sits 2' below water line.

Small sport pool.

Goal at is optimal filtration, and proper functioning to SWG, combined with minimal VS pump use/cost.

Not really. But we do have a crepe myrtle tree that sheds a lot into the pool, which the skimmers catch. But, I think that's what my PB puts in all his pools as a minimum. I'm not saying if it's right or wrong, I'm just stating what my PB did. But it does circulate the water really well. :D

Thanks.

You seem to have a similar build and equipment. I also see your PB oversized your filter to their max size.

Which VS pump do you have by Jandy? Do you have floor deep heat returns as part of the ? Do you have any water features or a spa on that pump as well? Do you kno wit you have Jandy's 700 or 1400 SWG?

I have the 1400 SWG, the ePump 1.5 VS, and the JXi 400k btu heater. Yes, we have 3 scuppers on the back wall and those run off the pump, but have their own manual controls. We chose not to automate, but sometimes I wish we had. I see you are getting the iAquaLink. That's good. We got the PDA system and now only after a few months are considering upgrading because the screen is so hard to see and really is outdated technology (who has PDAs nowadays???).

So Jandy says that technically the 700 Aquapure is for pools our size-do you find you are able to stay at appropriate FC at that bigger 1400 unit?

Do do you have any idea what your plumb diameter " was done at and what your filter pressure psi and GPM flow is?

I am now thinking of stepping down to the 1.5HP vs. 2.0HP E pump, albeit negligee difference. Thanks.

I keep my swg running at 30% and it keeps the chlorine between 5-6. Now we have a light bather load (no kids) and the pool is only in full sun about 3 hours per day, with the rest being sun and shade. The FC is a hair on the high side for my CYA of 70, but with so much tree debris blowing into the pool I am trying to be proactive. Now if I can just keep that pesky pH down...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.