Jul 4, 2016
Phoenix/AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Split by moderator from HERE. jblizzle

So I bought a big box of stabilizer pucks from Costco thinking I need them. Do you use them or not daily? My cya is high, 100 but I will not do a partial drain till winter here in the Phoenix sun. If you don't use them, then do you add chlorine daily. I am keeping my FC at 5 right now.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Re: Pucks without stabilizer?

You should keep your questions on the same post as it will help the other users to answer your questions better You stated on your other post that you were going to order one of the recommended test kits. Did you receive it yet?

The CYA testing maximum is 100, so your CYA is probably higher. With the recommended test kit, try diluting pool water with 1/2 tap water. Then double the result.

You could do a reverse osmosis treatment which will remove the CYA, CH and just about everything else from your water. This will negate you having to drain and refilling.

What does your water look like now?

Sorry. I was reading another thread & thought it posted to that. I am trying to get used to this tap talk app. Anyways, I did get the kit. Tested it last week.
Fc 3.5
Cc 1
Ch 500
Tac 130
Cya 100
I have been keeping my Fc at 5 pool looks beautiful. I use 2 stabilizer pucks in the floater too. I will do my weekly test tomorrow. My ph daily test is 7.5 consistently. Should I keep using the pucks?

Sorry. I was reading another thread & thought it posted to that. I am trying to get used to this tap talk app. Anyways, I did get the kit. Tested it last week.
Fc 3.5
Cc 1
Ch 500
Tac 130
Cya 100
I have been keeping my Fc at 5 pool looks beautiful. I use 2 stabilizer pucks in the floater too. I will do my weekly test tomorrow. My ph daily test is 7.5 consistently. Should I keep using the pucks?

You should remove those pucks ASAP as they are only adding to your very high CYA. Again, your CYA probably higher than 100, so you need to dilute it to see where it really is. Pool School - CYA

You should increase your FC to 12 for now using bleach. Here is the Chorine CYA chart: Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

Some pool stores carry 10% chlorine and Wal-Mart has 10% chlorine in the seasonal section or you can get the 8.25% in the laundry section. Don't get splass-less, outdoor, fragrances, etc. just plain bleach.

Do you ever use those pucks even when your cya is low or it is something you do without? Because I can return them because they are unopened. I have been using the 10% walmart chlorine. If my ch is 500 should I have my ph lower? Regular tap water is 200 ch here. We tested it with our kit.

Vacations, stain remover, slow CYA increaser. If it's a big bucket take them back. I haven't gone through a small tub of them in 3 years.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.