Neverending Filter Problem

Dec 13, 2007
hello Guys I got this problem every summer season after I remove the filter tank to clean my DE Ribs. I put my DE Ribs back in place then the nightmare begins.

I attach the top of the filter tank and make sure the o-ring is snug in place before installing the bands as they come with 2 bolts spring type loaded to seal the tank... however everytime I do this and start the pool the filter starts leaking until gauge pressure goes up then it stops.

I have added some pictures where you can see the water dripping here so any expert can help me out here since I know this must be an easy fix and im about to lose the little hair I have left.

Here is the other side :

Are you using a rubber mallet to cinch up the band? It makes a big difference. The picture shows tension springs are fully compressed, as they should be. However, the use of the mallet may seat things better and allow the front half to close more completely. I would follow Jason's advice and inspect/replace/lube O-ring, and tighten up again using the mallet. I assume that you have cleaned the mating surfaces, as well as the O-ring, of any debris or crud.

If you plan on replacing the o-ring DEX 2400 - K, you'd better buy one (or more) quickly - it's been discontinued and the only option is to replace the entire filter (you have a Micro - Clear filter and the new clamp assembly they are making won't work with your filter!)

When you lube the o- ring does it feel squared off anywhere? If it does, it's time for a new o - ring - or a new filter :shock:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.