SWG bit the dust

Well, I cleaned the cell with the appropriate mixture of muriatic acid and water even though the cell looked great to begin with. I blew out all of the circuitry in the power pack and made sure there was no debris in there. And this time when I hooked everything back up, I left the cell disconnected and the pod disconnected. So the only thing making contact with the power pack was the ac for the pack itself. It came on, all the way to the point of detecting no flow, and then blew the fuse. So it's obviously a short somewhere within the power pack itself. I just don't know enough about circuit boards to be able to find it. I may take it to work as there are some biomed engineers that deal with circuit boards a lot and see if they can find something. If not, I guess I'm buying a new power pack....at least I hope I can just buy the pack itself.

Anyone know where I can find just the power pack? I'm not having a lot of luck finding one via google. Part number is R0511100

Well, I cleaned the cell with the appropriate mixture of muriatic acid and water even though the cell looked great to begin with. I blew out all of the circuitry in the power pack and made sure there was no debris in there. And this time when I hooked everything back up, I left the cell disconnected and the pod disconnected. So the only thing making contact with the power pack was the ac for the pack itself. It came on, all the way to the point of detecting no flow, and then blew the fuse. So it's obviously a short somewhere within the power pack itself. I just don't know enough about circuit boards to be able to find it. I may take it to work as there are some biomed engineers that deal with circuit boards a lot and see if they can find something. If not, I guess I'm buying a new power pack....at least I hope I can just buy the pack itself.

Anyone know where I can find just the power pack? I'm not having a lot of luck finding one via google. Part number is R0511100

Are you sure that is the correct part number? Are any of the zeros "O"s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ETA3: Removing ETA and ETA2, because they're for the wrong manufacturer.

ETA4: Here's what I could find for your SWG.

Careful with acid washing SWG cells. Only do it when scale is present otherwise it removes material from the plates and shortens the life of the cell (and doesn't help). Managing the pool water chemistry can prevent scale in the cell. I have not cleaned my cell in 5 seasons. Keep your CSI between -0.3 and 0 to prevent scale in the pool and the cell. PoolMath will give your the jmber, tweak PH and TA to move the number.

More here, Pool School - Calcium Scaling

Careful with acid washing SWG cells. Only do it when scale is present otherwise it removes material from the plates and shortens the life of the cell (and doesn't help). Managing the pool water chemistry can prevent scale in the cell. I have not cleaned my cell in 5 seasons. Keep your CSI between -0.3 and 0 to prevent scale in the pool and the cell. PoolMath will give your the jmber, tweak PH and TA to move the number.

More here, Pool School - Calcium Scaling

I think that's why there was no scaling. My chemistry is usually really good.

Well, I had my friend at work look it over and he told me that he found a short on one of the coils in the power supply. He fixed this issue and now it will come on and not blow the fuse. He is going to repair the plug that the actual cell plugs into as I broke one of the prongs in removing the wiring. So I should be able to put it back to work next week and see if it holds up.

Well, I had my friend at work look it over and he told me that he found a short on one of the coils in the power supply. He fixed this issue and now it will come on and not blow the fuse. He is going to repair the plug that the actual cell plugs into as I broke one of the prongs in removing the wiring. So I should be able to put it back to work next week and see if it holds up.

Good stuff

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Good stuff

Well, I finally got the repaired SWG back but it broke immediately. There is a plug on the panel where the power comes in that is the issue. It's the plug where the flow switch plugs in. His soldered connection broke loose immediately when I tried to connect the wires. I have looked everywhere on the internet for this panel that had the plug installed and can't find anything. I hate to take it back to this guy because he has already had it for 3 weeks. Suggestions? Do I just take it back to him and get him to try again? He has had the flow switch too, so I haven't been able to run my pool for weeks now....

Well, I finally got the repaired SWG back but it broke immediately. There is a plug on the panel where the power comes in that is the issue. It's the plug where the flow switch plugs in. His soldered connection broke loose immediately when I tried to connect the wires. I have looked everywhere on the internet for this panel that had the plug installed and can't find anything. I hate to take it back to this guy because he has already had it for 3 weeks. Suggestions? Do I just take it back to him and get him to try again? He has had the flow switch too, so I haven't been able to run my pool for weeks now....

bring him a bunch of beer and ask nicely or try a local electronics repair shop

bring him a bunch of beer and ask nicely or try a local electronics repair shop

Haha! Well, he ended up repairing that issue and I took it home and connected it. Not it says "output fault." When I look that up, it mentions checking the ac power. So I'm thinking there was more damage done than he found. So my plan is just to get the chemicals correct and the pool clean and closing it up. Then I will just buy a new unit next year when we open. It sucks having to spend that much money again, but at least we will have the peace of mind that it's new and "should" last a while

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.