Adding slide control valve is this possible?

Jul 12, 2016
Saline MI
Hello,

I currently have a slide that requires hookup to the outlet port of the pool via a hose. I want to hard plumb the slide into the system and control it via a switch by the slide. I thought this would be easy and relatively cheap with a sprinkler valve. However when I investigated further I found that most sprinkler valves run in a normally closed position. This is less then ideal for an easy hook up. Normally open valves are about 3 times as much so I was wondering if I could use check valves in coordination with the normally closed valve. I drew a simple diagram theoretically I think it could work but I am not sure. I assume most people just bite the bullet and pay a couple hundred for a normally open valve if they want to do this. Slide control 2.jpg

Attachments

• Slide control.jpg
    Slide control.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 39
I'm not sure I understand what your drawing is accomplishing. How does it divert water to the slide?

What size line runs to the slide?
how much water doe the slide need to operate properly?

I would just buy an actuated 3-way pool valve and use it to divert the flow. You can get the valve and actuator for about $100.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

What kind of controller are you going to use?
Does the valve really need to be actuated? Why would you need to be able to turn the slide on and off remotely?

I would just install a pool 3-way valve and call it a day. Could always add the actuator to it later.

Thanks for the replys. The theory of the drawing is that the flow essentially reverses causing the check valve on the main line to close thus sending water up the slide feed. The slide takes a full 1 1/2 feed. The slide is on a deck elevated and the pump is in a shed it's about a 60' walk around. Also my kids aren't strong enough to turn a valve that's why I want to go to an electronic valve. I don't believe a controller of any type is required just a power source and switch should kick the valve open.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.