Hasa Pool Liquidator C201

What does your filter pressure run normally?
How close is the equipment to the pool?
Do you get a lot of debris in the skimmer at times?

The LQ (Liquidator) is a good tool, but struggles if you have low suction head or get lots of debris in the skimmer at times.

For the amount of money you quoted you could get an injection pump and timer. It delivers a set amount of FC to the pool regardless of system pressures.

I'm on my second season with the liqudator 3/8" tubing upgrade kit. It has been working very well for me. Here's a tip on getting enough flow through it. Originally with mine, even with the output side of the tank plumbed to the pipe on the suction side of the pump, I was not getting any flow. As long as the liquidator is plumbed between the shut off valves and your pump, on the intake side, slightly shutting off the valve / valves will create more suction on the line and increase the flow from the liquidator. This is how I have to set mine to get it to flow. I actually get 0 flow if I don't slightly shut my intake valves before the pump. I learned this when I had my Kreepy Krawly vacuum hooked up and got way too much flow. Another tip, make sure to adjust your feeder valve on your liquidator tubing while vacuuming or you'll super chlorinate your pool in no time, as the flow meter that comes with liquidator is topped out when I vacuum. Over time, you'll figure out the ideal flow setting for your pool. This will change on cloudy days when the sun is not burning up the Chlorine, as you will need less on cloudy days. Over all, I can leave the house for a few days and the pool is perfect when I return. Screw tablets and stabilized chlorine's where you can't control proper water chemistry... Add stabilizer separately when necessary.

If you have a single speed pump, and get good suction, then the Liquidator works fine. It has limitations with variable speed pumps, poor suction and for some mystery white stuff. You can for just a bit more go with a Stenner pump which does not have these issues, it delivers a set amount of chlorine to the pool regardless of the pump or suction.

Okay, I have a slightly different take on this. I have the 3/8 LQ. I am happy with it. BUT we have been having many people over for pool parties every two weeks. And this is TX. It has been 98 degrees for two or three weeks straight now.

Even if you have a LQ, be prepared to dump in one or two gallons of bleach after a party. I don't know where the FC goes, but it does. When it is this hot, be prepared also to augment with a gallon or two. The LQ is great (IMO), but there is no free ride.

Right now, I am just wearing the old clothes and dumping in pool and trying to keep up.

MarkTX your point is valid but it applies to any automated delivery system. They will all lag behind, Stenner, Liqudator, SWG all will need help after heavy pool use.

Well yes, good point. What about a closed loop system? Why can't someone make a good, <edit>relatively inexpensive,</edit> trouble-free one? I know they must not exist, or we would all have one. Hmm.

I love mine. Bought the upgraded one from Amazon last spring and it did seem pricey, I'll probably cobble the next one together DIY-style. I built a little fence and cover around mine to shade the chlorine from the Florida sun.

We used to be bad about maintaining the chlorine level consistently. This has solved that and no algae since. It also drove home just how much bleach we SHOULD have been adding all these years.

It installed easily and I believe it's worth a try.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Alright, this is addressed to the more recent Liquidator (LQ) owners.

When I got my LQ, I noticed how, when filling the funnel with bleach, the level of liquid in the funnel would drop below the level in the tank. That is because liquid chlorine is more dense than water, of course.

What I did not notice, over time, is that it was taking longer and longer to add the bleach without overflowing the funnel. A few days ago, standing in the hot Texas sun, I realized it was taking about 20 minutes to add two gallons. Waaaay too long. Something was not right. And not fun.

Lacking any better sort of tool, I raided our closet and straightened out a rubber-coated wire clothes hanger. Stuck it in the funnel. Could not push it through. The bottom of the funnel was all caked up. Eventually, something that looked like salt started falling onto the bottom and I made a hole.

The next two gallons took about two minutes.

Sorry, no scientific info here, but cleaning the funnel periodically may be a good thing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.