The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Apr 27, 2013
Wichita, KS
We left town for a week.

The Good: 2 grandsons (18 & 16) were house sitting. I brought the FC level up to max, made sure all other numbers were good, tweaked the SWG up some, threw a floater in with 1 puck and said adios. We got back a week later and the pool was still clear as a bell and all numbers were good. TFPC hit a home run !!! (Along with a huge box of Hot Pockets, a case of frozen pizza and about 5 gallons of Dr. Pepper)

The Bad: We had over 5" of rain while we were gone. Grandsons pumped down the pool twice, but after a little hand holding over the phone the first time...no problems.

The Ugly: While the pool passed with flying colors, I came home to a hot tub full of chicken broth. I told the boys to add 2-4 ounces of bleach for each hour of use. Unfortunately, there were 4-6 people in it at a time, not just 2. I didn't even try to salvage it. Ran Ahh-some through it, drained it and refilled, ran Ahh-some through it again and refilled again. Now it's back to it's usually sparkly self.

TFPC did me proud. :lovetfp:

"Chicken broth" hot tub water.....that is sooooo naaaaassty.... :pukel:

When you dumped it, you should have called the EPA, they may now consider the area you dumped it in to be eligible as a super-fund site :)

Bravo on the TFP victory!!

That is neat to hear! Wait until you find the potato chips hidden where they did not find them when they cleaned up before you got home :slidehalo:

Kim:cat:

Haven't found those yet, but our sun room has nickles and dimes everywhere. The 2 fancy themselves poker players...they take after their grandmother. Must have had a couple hot games going on during our absence.

I had them adding 2 oz/person/hour when I told them 2-4 ounces of bleach per use. Didn't figure they would be in longer than an hour. Also didn't figure on so many people at once.

Go figure....Next time I'll show them how to measure pH and FC levels prior to leaving.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.