Pentair IC40 issues

Jul 10, 2016
Clinton, MS
My Sanitizer Output Lights will only come on when in Boost Mode. If not in Boost mode and I try to increase out put by pushing more button, it tries to go back into Boost Mode. If I turn off Boost Mode cell light goes out indicating no chlorine production. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated.

TA = 140, CH = 275, Stablizer = 90, Salt = 3500, Phospahate = 100, TC = 2.9, FC = 2.6. All these appear to be acceptable numbers for IC40 based on the manual. 14,000 gallon pool.

The IC40 is only 13 months old. Of course 1 month pass the warranty. I've called Pentair and will call them back, but no help so far.

All Other lights are Green.

My Sanitizer Output Lights will only come on when in Boost Mode. If not in Boost mode and I try to increase out put by pushing more button, it tries to go back into Boost Mode. If I turn off Boost Mode cell light goes out indicating no chlorine production. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated.

TA = 140, CH = 275, Stablizer = 90, Salt = 3500, Phospahate = 100, TC = 2.9, FC = 2.6. All these appear to be acceptable numbers for IC40 based on the manual. 14,000 gallon pool.

The IC40 is only 13 months old. Of course 1 month pass the warranty. I've called Pentair and will call them back, but no help so far.

All Other lights are Green.

I don't know that I can offer much help. I am a bit frustrated with my IC 40 SWG. This is my third year of a new pool and Pentair replaced my IC 40 last year. This year, I am having the same problems.

I called tech support--it took 45 minutes to get through. I suspect when my SWG final malfunctions I will locate another company or just go to chlorine.

Perhaps they will honor your warranty since it is so close to the 12 month period.

Thanks for Reply. I did get it working. I don't know for how long though. I went through and rechecked all pool chemical levels to make sure they where correct. I then backwashed for about 10 minutes. I pushed down on the more and less button as hard as I could until I thought I would break it. All the lights went be-zerk, then flashed on as they should, and it has been working fine since.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.