Pavers not flush with ground

Jul 8, 2016
Prosper/TX
Newbie here. Had a friend tell me to put pavers under the legs of my new above ground pool (20' x 48" Intex Ultra Frame) which sounded easy enough. Too easy, perhaps, because I didn't dig them out to make them flush with the ground - I just raised the legs up and slid them underneath. The pavers are 12" x 12" x 1.5". Made sure each one was level but just scraped the top of the ground to even them out where necessary - no digging to sink them into the ground.

The pool itself is level within an inch at its worst. Have had it up for a couple of days and was looking on here to see if it being out of level an inch was a problem and read someone saying the pavers should be flush. So my question is this: do I need to empty the pool and start over?

Thanks!

Industry standard is 1" or less. I'd keep an eye on the pavers. They should be sunk in but it shouldn't be a deal breaker.

I did not sink in my pavers but I also have a foam bottom under my pool, the foam and the pavers are 1 1/2", so the bottom of the pool and the top of the pavers are on the same level. The only issue I would foresee is the liner stretching, keep an eye on it...

I did not sink in my pavers but I also have a foam bottom under my pool, the foam and the pavers are 1 1/2", so the bottom of the pool and the top of the pavers are on the same level. The only issue I would foresee is the liner stretching, keep an eye on it...

Your post just reminded me that I have about an inch of sand underneath the pool. Used it to cushion the bottom, and did not extend it to where the pavers are sitting. That would only make the pavers underneath the legs extend the height by a 1/2" rather than 3 times that, so I'm feeling much better about it. I'll keep an eye on liner stretching, but what kind of things exactly am I looking for? Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Watch to make sure the liner is not rubbing on the paver anywhere. Be sure to check every so often, even of they aren't right now.

Good point! Each one is underneath the tarp that is under the liner, so they will (hopefully) never meet. But I will keep a close eye on them to make sure they don't wear through the tarp. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.