Cheap DIY Aerator

Tonka Tuff

Bronze Supporter
Jun 15, 2016
Lakeland, FL
HI guys,

After doing some research on here on how to aerate, I saw a few good ideas posted in random areas. Some included using a sump pump. Some included using an air compressor. One, which I went with used a PVC method and the already built in returns.

I liked this method for a number of reasons. First, sump pumps and air compressors start at $100 where I am. Secondly, these devices would use more electricity in addition to my pump and we're currently getting hammered in the heat so I am trying to cut back to keep the electric bill reasonable. The PVC method allows you to use the same electricity you would normally with just a little rerouting. I added some full pictures of what it looks like, and also a rubber wrench in case anyone doesn't know what one looks like. They're great to use to remove return caps.

Thanks to the OP for this idea and I hope this made at least one persons life easier.

IMG_1040.jpgIMG_1041.jpgIMG_1037.jpgIMG_1043.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.