LifeTime Supporter
Jun 8, 2011
Northeast Ohio USA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I have not been on the forum for awhile, but I seem to recall CYA (cyanuric acid) stays in the pool.

I always had trouble raising CYA levels, but I doubt the physics have changed much in the last few years.
Any comments? Thanks.

http://www.menards.com/main/health-wellness/pools-spas-saunas/pools-accessories/swim-shock-liquid-chlorine/p-1444443335285-c-10137.htm?tid=-3294723585907469243

Description & Documents
Instant gratification when added to pool. No wait time to swim. Will not cloud the pool and is ready to use. No mixing is required.

12.5% strength
No settling on the bottom of the pool which creates stains
Liquid pool chlorinator is one of the best options to reduce cyanuric acid levels
For above or inground swimming pools
1 gallon
Made in USA

Liquid chlorine will not reduce cyanuric acid levels directly. Using it instead of trichlor or dichlor will "reduce cyanuric acid levels" because you're not using them? It's confusing verbage.

There's some complex chemistry involved but maintaining higher FC levels (think shock level FC) for extended periods can accelerate the decomposition of CYA, but in normal maintenance, using liquid pool shock will not actively lower CYA levels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.