DE leaking into pool

Jul 11, 2016
Bay shore NY
Hi everyone,I just inherited an in ground pool when I bought my first home and I am having trouble and am overwhelmed getting started with it!! There is DE at the bottom of the pool so we took the Hayward 4820 DE filter apart to inspect. The manifold had a crack and 3 screens had cracked pvc pipes at the top so we replaced all parts and put back together. I was so proud because I know nothing of pools. We put the recommended 10 scoops o de into the skimmer to coat the filters and two days later the bottom of the pool haS DE all
Over it again. What else could this problem be happening from? When we start the filter the AAR spits water at initial start up and the multiport cable seems to be making a sound (maybe air leaking in somewhere.) could either of these be the problem? Thank you in advance for helping out a new and clueless pool owner

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.