blue because of copper?

snick

Jul 11, 2016
los angeles
I was out of town for 2 months but forgot to tell my friend to take care of the pool while he was house sitting. I tested the water and the ph was a little low but I've fixed that. When I went to clean the filter it was blue which is the first time this has happened. The filter does have pvc pipes connected to copper pipes coming out of the ground. There was also a thin film on top of the water that is clear but when it collects near the pump it's a bluish color similar to the filter. I brought a sample to the local pool store and everything tested fine. There's no algae, the water looks clear and the plaster seems fine. So is the blue stuff on the filter and the thin film on top of the water the result of the copper and the low ph? I've cleaned the filter twice and the film on top of the water is gone but the filters are still blue. I took pictures of filter but don't have pictures of the film. Is the pool safe to swim or do I have to drain? Thanks for any advice

Attachments

• blue1.jpg
    blue1.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 43
  • blue2.jpg
    blue2.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 43
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.