Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need help with Sta-rite heater union coupler

1. Back To Top    #1

Need help with Sta-rite heater union coupler

The water outlet from my Sta-rite heater is leaking, the leak is not from the compression screw-on union but rather from the glue joint where the sleeve(the part that contains the O-ring) joins the PVC pipe. I need to cut the PVC pipe and re-glue a new union coupler, I could only obtain a Goldline SWG union coupler. The pool store guy said the screw-on collar may not have the same threads as the Sta-rite's, I plan on re-using the Sta-rite screw-on collar but with the Goldline sleeve. Does anyone think this arrangement will work?
    OH TWINS
    San Juan 8500 gal Fiberglass Pool, Sta-Rite Max-E 1 HP pump, Star-Rite System 3 Cartridge Filter 300 sq. ft,
    Sta-Rite Max-E 200,000 BTU gas heater, Aqua Logic SWG with P-4 panel. Goldline wireless remote control,
    3 Jandy Neverlube Valves with Goldline motorized control, iRobot Verro 500 pool cleaner
    5 Poolstar 1000 LED Lights, LED strip light at waterfall, Prozone Ozonator PZ7 with degasser column,
    Jandy Auto Waterfill, Aquamatic motorized pool cover, Poolbuster Max CC handheld vacuum.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need help with Sta-rite heater union coupler

Depends on the size of the lip on both the nut and pipe fitting. You can clean it out and re-plumb it using a socket saver which is available at many plumbing shops (you'll need a drill that can take a 1/2" bit).