I just set up the pool 2 days ago. Here is what I have done so far:
1. Adjusted TA to 175 ppm with baking soda (pH went to 8.2)
2. Adjusted pH to 7.4 with pH decreaser (sodium bisulfate)
3. CH was already 190 ppm
4. FC = 1-2 ppm 5. TC = 2 ppm
6. Charged 4 Fl OZ algaecide
7. CYA = 50 ppm (I did not have to add any CYA)
After 2 days, here are my results:
1. TA = 170 ppm
2. pH = 8.2
3. CH = 160 ppm
4. FC = 0-1 ppm (I charged soluble chlorine granules until level was 1-2 ppm). I then added 1"-tablets in float, FC is closer to 0 then 1
5. TC = 1 ppm
6. CYA = 40-50 ppm
If it makes a difference, my pool is only exposed to 3-4 hours of sun per day.
I want to know 3 things:
1. How does everyone else usually charge chlorine? (As 6% bleach)
2. How can I lower pH?
3. What is the right order when it comes to adjusting the above numbers? Do you adjust TA first, then pH, or what?
4. How does rainwater impact the results?
In case my signature is screwed up, let me tell you that my pool has 3500 gallons, it is AG from Walmart, the water is crystal clear and I use a cartridge in the small filter I have