Stailess Steel Brush

Jul 10, 2016
Cypress, TX
I periodically have a problem with black algae & use a stainless steel brush to scratch the algae and then apply a product to get rid of it. It usually works. I also add a chemical to help prevent it. I have a light colored pebbletec pool. My problem has been that the bristles fall out of the brush and land unseen on the pool bottom. Unfortunately, these bristles have etched in visible rust spots on the bottom of the pool which I will have to try to get rid of in cooler weather when I can safely reduce the chlorine level and begin to tackle the problem. I am a believer that often it is better to prevent a problem rather than to cure a problem. I have tried many different stainless steel brushes and everyone I've tried has the bristles fall out of it. My question, is has anyone found a stainless steel brush in which the bristles don't fall out on usage? Thanks.

You should not expect to get algae of any kind. I would not recommend using a stainless steel brush on a regular basis.

As long as you maintain adequate chlorine levels and brush at least twice a week with a regular nylon bristle brush, you should never get algae.

What product do you use to get rid of black algae?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.