Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: hello from mizzou

1. Back To Top    #1

hello from mizzou

hello everyone stumbled upon this site today looking for sites on building my own pool. Cant be that hard huh. Well Ive got the pick and shovel ready and am staring at the pristine yard I have nurtured for the last 7 years and after a few cold ones decided that a 20x40 pool would go there pretty nicely so here it goes and if anybodys got any advice chime on in I'll probably need all the help I can get
    20x40 inground liner, 1.5 northstar 2 speed pump,325 cartridge filter and zodiac LM 3 saltwater chlorinator and built by me

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: hello from mizzou

Welcome TFP,
    Search the forum for "DIY liner pool". Great threads by a member "waste", great detailed info in these threads.
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG
    http://www.tftestkits.net/

3. Back To Top    #3

Good luck, post lots of pics.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

4. Back To Top    #4

Hi millervito1 and welcome to the forum

Glad you found TFP! We have members willing and able to answer your build questions.

We have lots of DIYers here.
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

thanks for the welcome everyone. well pulled the trigger and purchased the pool kit today should see it arrive in the next 5-10 days I hope I didnt bite off more than i can chew lol well with help we can do it huh
    20x40 inground liner, 1.5 northstar 2 speed pump,325 cartridge filter and zodiac LM 3 saltwater chlorinator and built by me

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome to TFP!!

I never quite got around to finishing the DIY liner pool threads, but I'll be here every step to offer advice There's a great and knowledgeable group of people here that will proffer their input as well

Good luck with the build 8)
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)