Best Submersible Pump for pool draining

Illupo

Jul 3, 2016
Scottsdale
Does anyone have a recommendation for a quality submersible pump? I have been renting a Wacker Nueson 2/3 hp from Home Depot, but at $29.00 per 4 hour rental, I would rather put the money toward something I own. I am looking at the Wayne, CDU 790 and it appears suitable to drain my 1800 gallon spa easily. I prefer to stay away from cheap plastic housings. Any thoughts?

Thanks for all of the suggestions! Due to our poor water quality here in Scottsdale it would appear I need to dump the pool on an annual basis. Last dump was July 2015, and my TAP water measured 852 total dissolved solids as I was filling the pool! A year later, I am at 5000 TDS!! Good thing it is only 1800 gal! You can see why $30.00 a year in rentals (as well as the hassle of dropping it back off within 4 hours) it not very attractive.

Any other pool owners in Scottsdale with such high TDS numbers or am I just lucky?

Thanks for all of the suggestions! Due to our poor water quality here in Scottsdale it would appear I need to dump the pool on an annual basis. Last dump was July 2015, and my TAP water measured 852 total dissolved solids as I was filling the pool! A year later, I am at 5000 TDS!! Good thing it is only 1800 gal! You can see why $30.00 a year in rentals (as well as the hassle of dropping it back off within 4 hours) it not very attractive.

Any other pool owners in Scottsdale with such high TDS numbers or am I just lucky?

I'm just down the road in Chandler. Probably 15 miles or so from you. The water in the valley is high in CH, but otherwise pretty good. There really is no need to drain every year or two.

TDS is irrelevant - just another tactic by the PS to sell you some over-priced potion. I see in another of your threads (Fabulous Forum!!) that you plan on ordering a TF-100. After you receive your test kit and the SpeedStir, post up your numbers in that thread.

Is your pool 1800 gallons or 18,000 gallons?

See, this is what I am talking about...every time I leave the pool store, I am more and more confused! Yes, I am happy to say that I ordered the TF 100 yesterday and it should be here next Monday. I can't wait to come back here and appear to know what I am talking about! Going to the pool store is like flying blind while being misdirected!!!!
Yes, my pool is only 1800 gallons, I think they call it a spa/pool.

Will be posting up numbers soon.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.