Electrical wiring to relay for extra outlet

Jun 28, 2016
Sacramento
I am installing an outlet in my Pentair EasyTouch box. I already have a GFCI protected plug on the outside and I want to use that to make a downstream plug inside the box that is connected to a relay. At the moment, there is a light attached to the GFCI.

Would this his setup be to code or have any issues? I plan on installing a stenner pump plugged into it, poking the cord down thru one of the holes in the box and setting up the pump outside. All of my pool equipment is outside.

Ive attached an image of my current setup and another one of my proposed setup. The goal is to piggy back off the current plug to make sure it is also protected- particularly because the pump will be outside. For the record, I did run this by the helpful folks in the stenner forum- but this is really more of an electrical issue and would love a second set of eyes.

Thanks in advance... I accept any tips!

View attachment 51829

View attachment 51828

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.