Jandy Aquapure purelink question....

Dr.Ron

Jul 9, 2016
Manalapan, NJ
Hello. Does anyone know the part # for the board that goes behind the control panel in this pic?

pool2.jpg

It's the board in this pic that's on the bottom (sorry for the partial pic) and has the wires coming out of it and the fuse.

Pool.jpg

Thanks!

Ron

What specifically do s your issue?
No power. I ordered a new transformer based on another thread pointing to that guy on ebay selling them.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!

That looks like the back of an Aqualink RS primary power center main board which should be Jandy/Zodiac #8194. To confirm, there should be a part number just to the left under the other board.

Thanks!
I will take it out and check on the board.

If it s non functioning, the is a guy in norcal that repairs them. New replacements are ~350 from jandy and zero warranty unless a professional installes it. The repair guy is $150 and 90 day warranty. I just got mine back from him yesterday.

http://www.bpelectronics.com/

I plan to send it out to him tomorrow. I already contacted him.

The holders for the 3 amp fuse on the board broke so I have no power.

Ron

You could probably have that fixed at a local repair shop pretty cheaply if all it needs is to be resoldered and the chips on the board are OK. You could to bridge the fuse holder and verify that the board to works to be sure.

The board was working before the loss of power issue. And the broken pieces are gone. Plus I wouldn't know what kind of place to bring it to.
Is there any way though to run the pump while waiting for the board to return provided the transformer gets to me before the board does?
Or is there anyway to run the pump now without the board and the transformer?

Youd have to bypass the relay by moving the motor side wires and connnecting them to the power in side of the relay so the pump will run whenever the breaker is switched on. I did this on mine while the panel is out being repaired. Takes about 5 mins but you need to make sure everything is deenergized and comfortable,working with electrical wiring.

Youd have to bypass the relay by moving the motor side wires and connnecting them to the power in side of the relay so the pump will run whenever the breaker is switched on. I did this on mine while the panel is out being repaired. Takes about 5 mins but you need to make sure everything is deenergized and comfortable,working with electrical wiring.

Do you have a photo of this by any chance?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks. I'm awaiting a new transformer. Will this bypass still work without a working transformer? I'm not home to look now so this may seem like a dumb question, but which board/where is that relay?
I have a NEW board coming tomorrow, as I mentioned in that other thread. ; )

I diagnosed the transformer was bad after the breaker kept blowing and then put a voltmeter on it with guidance on the phone from an electrician friend to determine it was blown.
I'm not an electrician but I am pretty handy. I took out the bad transformer and the bad board as well pretty easily.

Thanks again!

Ron

And don't put that same fuse back in there, it's the wrong fuse. Probably why the tab on the holder broke. The fuse that goes in there is about half the length and half the circumference. The picture shows the existing fuse hanging over the edge of the panel possibly touching the panel (short)?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.