Floating liner

mgh_ca

Jul 9, 2016
Toronto
I need some advice and cant seem to get an answer anywhere else. I had an in ground pool installed at the end of May (2016) I had new sod installed in the back yard after the machinery was done in the back yard. We have had a bit of a drought and have had very little rain. Ive been watering my lawn every couple of days and I noticed that water is collecting under the liner at the bottom of the deep end. I contacted my pool installer and he came by with a pump, pulled out a section of the liner and fed a stiff hose down the liner as far as he could to try to pump the water out. He was able to get the hose down just past the metal walls but we couldnt get the hose down to the bottom due to the water pressure. We just had a huge rain storm yesterday (I had to back wash to lower the pool water because it was almost at the top of the skimmer) I jujped in the pool with my scuba gear and the pool liner is pushed out even more at the bottom of the pool. How do I get this water out? Ive asked a couple of other pool stores and they say that the water will work itself out. I dont see how this is possible. It only seems to be getting worse. I dont think I have a leak in the pipes of the pool because im not losing much pool water (other then through evaporation. its been 100 degrees for the past week)

Anyone have any ideas how to get the water out and prevent this from happening?

Welcome to TFP :)

They should have installed a sump pit to get the water out from under and around the pool, you would drop the sump pump in the pipe and suck the water out... I take it they did not install a sump pump...

They can still instal one but it is way harder, I would make them come back and fix it..

I know this is not the news you were wanting but it's great you found us :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.