This morning
FC 9.5
CC 0
PH 7.4

After family swimming all day:
FC 7
CC 0.5
PH 7.4

The water is still slightly cloudy, so I figure maybe try SLAM until it's clear. Problem is I added too much chlorine and now the FC is 26.5 with CC 0.5. Where do I go from here?

CHAD

Your SLAM level is 16 so you have been keeping it a bit low. Test just before you go to bed and again in the AM just so you can keep track. If it is still above 16 wait till around noon and see where it goes, try to keep it at 16 all day. Don't worry about the overshoot it will come down into SLAM range fairly fast just don't make a habit of it :D .

I would continue the SLAM at least through tomorrow and try OCLT tomorrow night if the water clears by then.

Your SLAM level is 16 so you have been keeping it a bit low. Test just before you go to bed and again in the AM just so you can keep track. If it is still above 16 wait till around noon and see where it goes, try to keep it at 16 all day. Don't worry about the overshoot it will come down into SLAM range fairly fast just don't make a habit of it :D .

I would continue the SLAM at least through tomorrow and try OCLT tomorrow night if the water clears by then.

I only started slam tonight, after verifying I can titrate properly a few times! I'll let FC cruise down on it's own. BUT, how clear should the pool be before SLAM is finished? Right niw I can see the bottom fine, just not shining clear.

CHAD

Our pool gets about 5 hours of sun, an hour of that is part shade thanks to staining-debris-and-pollen-generating pecan trees. Those wouldn't be as bad id the squirrels didnt eat every single nut so we could have some.

We did a 90% drain and refill of cloudy, slightly green water before receiving the test kit a few days ago. That 10% we left in there would be the cause of the problem.

CHAD

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Still cruising. FC dropped to 16 today - lost 10ppm?? Yesterday it only dropped like 3ppm through the day. Anyway, that's not what's important now.

I kept racking my brain to understand what else besides algae might be clouding the water just a bit. So, I bought a a Nature2 Express with the pool back 10 years ago. I haven't replaced the cartridge the last 3 seasons, but it's the kind where if the cartridge is removed water pours out. The old cartridge is on it's 3rd year. So I took it out this afternoon and it seems to have given the water more shine. Be able to tell better in daylight tomorrow.

Added chlorine 45m ago and now FC is 22 and CC is 1

CHAD

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.