Can you use a variable speed pump witha Paramount in floor cleaning system

C

cwilliams2000

I am just about ready to install a new hayward VS pump and wondered if this will work correctly with my IFC system? Any thoughts or tips for this? Thank you

It should work at lower speeds to filter the water but you'll probably need to run some hours at high speed to actually clean any debris in the water. I guess you'll have to experiment and figure out how many hours to run at high speed.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I run my VS pump at a higher speed for about 90 min each morning to allow my infloor system to do its job. It's just part of the daily program I have setup on the pump.

Reactions: openland
It will work fine. As chiefwej said, you will need to run it on a higher speed for the infloor to be effective. You will have to determine exactly what rpm that higher speed is for your specific pool. And you will also need to determine the high speed run time.

On my system, I run for 90 minutes in the AM and 90 minutes in the PM at 2800 rpm. Then I run it for an additional 3 1/2 hours in both AM and PM at 1000 rpm. For my pool, this provides adequate cleaning at the higher speed and continued circulation/skimming during the remaining run time on low speed.

How many hours per day have you been running with the single speed pump? Do you have a SWCG? Please add your pool to your signature as outlined here: Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post

As other have said, it will work but running at higher speeds for longer periods make the economics of a VS less attractive.

If an infloor system is working properly, it should be able to clean the pool in a hour or two, then the pump can drop back to a much lower speed. With a VS pump you need to identify the lowest effective speed for each task and setup your programming accordingly.

In my case, I use one speed for cleaning, a second for the SWG (chlorination, skimming and general filtration) a third, much lower for extra filtration. In addition a seperate speed is setup and activated by my solar controller anytime heat is called for and available at the panels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.