grey stains

Aug 20, 2015
novato/CA
HI,

I have these weird grey spots which formed on the side wall of the pool (my pool is very light blue so I can easily see them). one is 1/1.5 inch big, the other are small , more like dots. I tried to brush them off but they don't go away. I just came back from 2 weeks vacation and have now some at the bottom of the pool.Any idea what it can be?

tN6V7DT.jpg

FstydtH.jpg

here are my chem info. I boosted my SWG while away just to make sure I will not get a bad surprise upon my return.
FC 15
CC0
FC 6
CC 0
Ph7.4
TA125
CH200
CYA 40 (that just dropped while away, I will readjust to 70)

Have you tried rubbing a chlorine tablet on them? How about some crushed up Vit. C tablets? Those are my go to stain tests. BUT those are not like anything I have seen before.......what do they feel like? Can you feel them?

Kim:cat:

misteur G,

Please let the forum know if that stuff works. Cobalt is not very common but we have seen posts about it several times over the years. It will be nice to know that there is a fix.

I haven't done the Cobalt cure yet, but most of the gray stains are gone.. the biggest on was just under the light and it totally disappear. I can find a 3 or 4 on some part of the wall but they are very tinny. this pool is full of surprises...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.