FC test- Water Light Pink?

violet-mermaid

Mar 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Hi guys. I did my first chlorine test this morning on my water- pool is almost full but pump has not been setup yet- guys are doing it today. Anyways, when I put the scoop into the water, it only turned light pink- not dark pink like in the video. Is something wrong?

index.jpg

So my pump is just about finished being setup- YAY! However, we have had water in my pool since Monday. How long should I run the pump for tonight, and should I go ahead and add more chlorine and the CYA now? I added almost an entire gallon of liquid chlorine today and the test water is still light pink/ almost clear....

So my pump is just about finished being setup- YAY! However, we have had water in my pool since Monday. How long should I run the pump for tonight, and should I go ahead and add more chlorine and the CYA now? I added almost an entire gallon of liquid chlorine today and the test water is still light pink/ almost clear....

FC test is 2 step process- have you added FAS-DPD reagent and counted the drops until water becomes colorless? IIRC you were also supposed to dissolve 2 scoops of the powder but I can be wrong here as I use different kit. If a single drop would make it colorless then you have < 0.5 ppm FC and should bring it up. How high depends on your CYA level and your test kit contains test for that as well. Post back full list of your numbers here and I'm sure someone will help:

FC =
CC =
CYA =
pH =
TA =

since you have some CC I'd check first if your pool passes OCLT: http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/136-perform-the-overnight-fc-chlorine-loss-test-oclt and if it doesn't you'd need to SLAM it: http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/125-slam-shock-level-and-maintain-shockingl

then you can go to PoolMath tab above, enter your data there, select TroubleFreePool from the drop down at the the bottom and see what needs to be done to bring your water to balance. Meanwhile if this pool is outdoors and sees sunlight I'd go and grab some CYA as you'd definitely need it later.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.