Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Arm & Hammer Washing Soda?

1. Back To Top    #1

Arm & Hammer Washing Soda?

I found some today after running to the third store. One problem is on the list of contents is anionic and nonionic sulfatuants and enzymes as well as less than .5% phosporus by weight. Is this ok to use? I wouldn't think so but so far no luck finding washing soda with just sodium carbonate.

Thanks.
    24k IG Vinyl D.E. Filter, SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

No, don't use that. It's essentially laundry detergent, not pure sodium carbonate. I've seen this product as well, but it was sold in the laundry detergent section and didn't say Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda that is used as a laundry booster and is pure sodium carbonate. What you are seeing is a laundry detergent on its own.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

3. Back To Top    #3
    Is this the correct stuff?

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes, I believe that is the right stuff. However, since manufacturers do sometimes decide to change their formulations, be sure and look at the Ingredients list and if it says anything other than just Sodium Carbonate, beware.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

5. Back To Top    #5
    From their website, it says 100% pure sodium carbonate.