Just getting started

I added borax this morning and waited to add 5 gallons of chlorine.
4 feet deep, 19500 gallons
yes I have vinyl, bleach calculated at the bottom of the poolmath
I'm testing CYA in the house and yes waist level

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a test I can do for ammonia?

I just tested again
CYA is 70
FC 11
CC 3.5
Since my CYA went up from 60 to 70 I have changed my poolmath to FC 28 just added 499oz of chlorine. I guess I will wait for a hour and test again!!!!:grrrr::grrrr::grrrr::grrrr::grrrr::grrrr::brickwall:

I just tested again
CYA is 70
FC 11
CC 3.5
Since my CYA went up from 60 to 70 I have changed my poolmath to FC 28 just added 499oz of chlorine. I guess I will wait for a hour and test again!!!!:grrrr::grrrr::grrrr::grrrr::grrrr::grrrr::brickwall:

YAY :) Your FC went up and also your CC, that is a great thing.. you're getting ahead of it... just keep going

I know you do not have ammonia because almost all of your CYA would be gone or CYA 0 (clear tube) Your CYA went up because you were testing inside and now you tested outside...

We are getting somewhere..
you can test in 30 to 60 minutes...

This is just information so you understand why you're using so much chlorine/bleach.. With your CYA at 70 you have to use 66% more bleach than CYA of 30..

On to the good part high CYA, once you get your pool nice a clear and sparkly you will use less bleach to keep your FC up because your CYA is like sunscreen for your chlorine... not much less but less :)

You are doing great :)

Just tested FC 11.5 CC 2.5 added 412oz of chlorine.
Will I ever get to FC 28:sad:

I have a sad for you :( BUT once you are done with the SLAM it is likely you will never have to do it again IF you follow the TFP guidelines!

Keep going! Hit it and hit it hard! You need to keep adding chlorine until you do hit FC28 even if that means add and test in 15 mins (pump running) and add again if you are not there yet. That will help you get on top of what ever is eating your FC.

:hug:

Kim:cat:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Can I test and add more every 15 minutes or do I have to wait an hour

I have tested after 30 min and 60 min just to see if there's any appreciable difference in chlorine reading and haven't noticed any so I'd say 30 min is safe but can't speak to 15 minutes. When I recently hit mine enough to raise to 24 I tested after one hour and was actually slightly above the 24 mark. My pool had active visible algae and my CC was about 1 or 1.5 IIRC. Same deal on a cloudy pool I just cleared for someone the other day. Hit with required amount, came back after an hour and was slightly above the recommended slam level. I don't know why yours isn't going up like mine did but they say every pool reacts differently so just keep at it.

I think I'd keep hitting it throughout the day and try to get your FC elevated and then this evening when the sun isn't consuming some of your FC hit it hard and try to have it elevated overnight. Check first thing in the morning before sun comes up, see how much FC you have lost and post back.

In all seriousness, am I really trying to get a FC 28 or
CC .5 or less and a OCLT
my pool is as clear as clear can get.

Which doesn't make that much sense to me. Something I haven't seen you mention btw is, have you brushed the walls and floor of the pool to get any of the nasty that might be clinging to them suspended? Ultimately you want to get to where your OCLT and CC are reading where they should be as I understand it. That's how I have approached things when clearing up a pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.