Bestway 12x30 with Dual Suction..but sand filter only has two hoses...need help :(

Jul 2, 2016
Forney, Texas
Hello,

I am very new to pools, but have read through several posts.

So, I just finished setting up my Bestway 12x30, of course, the pump that came with it is a joke. So, I bought a combo Intex Sand filter and Saltwater generator, this one... http://www.amazon.com/Intex-Saltwat...e=UTF8&qid=1468033607&sr=8-1&keywords=28679EG

Yes, I know it is overkill for a 12x30, but we plan to get a larger pool next year.

Anyway, to my question---this Bestway pool has 3 holes in it....I think 2 suction holes and 1 hole that puts the filtered water back into the pool (sorry, don't know what that hole is called, yet))...the Intex SWG combo only has TWO hoses..one hose that plugs into ONE suction hole and the other hose that goes into the hole that puts the filtered water back in the pool.....I just used one of the three supplied stopper plugs to plug the one extra suction hole.....is it OKAY to just plug one of the holes or should I somehow use that other suction hole with the pump??

oh, and if it matters as far as water flow to the pump..I had to buy an adapter to fit the 1.5" hoses for the SWG..as the pool came with 1.25" hoses, originally.

Here is the stopper plug I am talking about http://www.bestwaybuyonline.com/images/Stopper Plug.png

I hope all this makes sense and I didn't ramble too much :)

here is a picture that I took..seems like you all enjoy seeing pictures :)

v8n6mu.jpg

I've got a side question too, if someone could help me out.

How long should I be running this pump for, daily? It is rated at Pump flow rate 2650 gph. System flow rate 2150 gph...my pool is only about 1700 Gallons, in total. Is 1-2 hours a day/night sufficient? I have no problem running it longer, I just don't want to be running it longer than I need/should have to. Thanks, again!

I have the same situation with my Bestway 14x42 that we just got a month ago. Yesterday, I received the 2800 gph sand filter that I ordered from Amazon, and, I'm currently awaiting a shipment of assorted parts from Intex. I plan to cut the three hose attachment nipples, and install Intex large strainer connectors (two of which I already had from a previous pool). Once I get all of my parts together, I plan to convert everything to standard plumbing similar to what is found in some of the links here: Useful links for fellow Intex Pool Owners

It IS confusing, trying to get everything to mate together, thanks to so many of these companies using proprietary fittings and threads, but, diligent research will lead to what will work best for you. If I was starting from scratch, I'd probably go with Hayward fittings, and standart plumbing. Then, all that would be needed to mate to the Intex pump would be a couple of 40mm to 1.5 inch adapters.

David

received that t splitter...the two side outlets are 1.25..so can't use this adapter.

After looking at this, can you use the original bestway 1.25 hoses, placing the "T" plunger in the middle (taking the place of the T fitting supplied with the pool), with the 1.5 pump hose connected to the bottom?

David

Just found a thread with similar connections here: Question about Dual Suction Lines

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.