soil conditions

May 27, 2009
I am installing a 24' agp- my soil is on the sandy side. We have gone down to virgin soil and it seems well compacted. We will be installing 2"x8"x16" patio blocks at posts. I know this is site specific, but will this be ok for overall support at posts and under bottom rails? Also, I plan on using 1.5" insulation as a base- any thoughts on that?

Attachments

• pool excavation.jpg
    pool excavation.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 154
  • soil-type pool.jpg
    soil-type pool.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 154
Hey, welcome to the forum.

I'm not an AG pool guy but one of our experts (like Ted or Dennis) will be along soon to advise.

I do have some experience in soil prep, however, and what you have done to this point looks absolutlely outstanding! I cannot imagine that sandy base giving youany trouble becuse you have prepped it so well.

Welcome to TFP!!

As long as you are at undisturbed soil, you should be all set to put in the blocks and put up the pool 8) You may want to run a compactor over the bottom after making the cove and walking on it a little before you drop the liner :wink:

I truly hope the pool is forever trouble free :!:

Ted- thanks! Run compactor even though using 1.5" foam as a base? I plan on putting cove on top of 1.5" insulation and using a vapor barrier behind the cove to prevent washout...

waste said:
Welcome to TFP!!

As long as you are at undisturbed soil, you should be all set to put in the blocks and put up the pool 8) You may want to run a compactor over the bottom after making the cove and walking on it a little before you drop the liner :wink:

I truly hope the pool is forever trouble free :!:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.