Be very careful with phone apps. Few if any of them utilize TFP recommended levels and some have very poor mathematical/chemical calculations. PoolMath is the best source of info. It's not an app, I know, but honestly I don't trust anything else.

Be very careful with phone apps. Few if any of them utilize TFP recommended levels and some have very poor mathematical/chemical calculations. PoolMath is the best source of info. It's not an app, I know, but honestly I don't trust anything else.

For my iPhone I just added PoolMath as a favorite in Safari so it shows whenever I open Safari. Works for me!

The reason I'm not wealthy is that I can recognize opportunities, but I don't do anything about it. I'm not saying a TFP phone app will make anyone a millionaire, but if I knew how to write an app, I'd do it! Integrate Pool Math, add a log for results and include links to articles, videos and products and reviews and have a way to order/re-fill test kits.

Now that I've begun the brainstorming, if someone could create and publish the apps and give me a commission, that'd be great...

The reason I'm not wealthy is that I can recognize opportunities, but I don't do anything about it. I'm not saying a TFP phone app will make anyone a millionaire, but if I knew how to write an app, I'd do it! Integrate Pool Math, add a log for results and include links to articles, videos and products and reviews and have a way to order/re-fill test kits.

Now that I've begun the brainstorming, if someone could create and publish the apps and give me a commission, that'd be great...
Except that this type of action would infringe on the TFP trademarks. You can't make money off someone else's intellectual property. Now, if you want to write one and call it Wally's Pool Numbers with no links to TFP you can sell that.....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My profit comments were tongue-in-cheek. I don't have the skills or time, but if I did, I'd approach the stakeholders about the potential of a bonafide TFP App. I don't think I was into my second day of testing before I created a Google Doc as a log. As I flipped between the doc and Pool Math, I thought, "there should be a better way..."

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.