Intex 2500 GPH Pump/Filter Issue

Jul 8, 2016
OK
I recentley purchased the 2500 gph pump as an upgrad for my intex 16' by 48" pool. I have had it a little over a week and hadnt had any issues until a few days ago. My issue is that the water coming out of the jet into the pool isnt near what it was. I clean the filter which came with it daily. I take the filter out and it runs as it should i havent bought a new type b filter replacement yet because I dont want to be in this same situation. My wife and i have gotten in the pool maybe 2-3 times since i have gotten the new pump.for a couple hours and thats it and like i said i clean the filter daily so it doesnt get really dirty. I did find this ORCA filter tybe e repolacement but dont know if it will just be doing the same thing? https://www.amazon.com/Intex-compat...=1467999264&sr=1-2&keywords=orcafilter+type+b

Has anyone else encountered this? I am open for suggestions or things to try thanks!!!

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: There are a couple things to watch for in your situation. Number 1 would be algae. Algae doesn't have to be green or visible to effect your filtration. Often times the first sign of algae is reduced water flow. If you don't have a TFP-recommended test kit like a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C (link below) I would make that a priority. It would be good to see a full set of water results from one of those kits. The other thing is those small Intex filters simply are not the greatest. Many Intex/Coleman pool owners swap-out their factory unit with a more efficient pump/filter combo. You can see several on Amazon as well.

Hope this helps. Great to have you with us.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.