Hello All (SeanB)

SeanB

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
I thought I would go first. For those of you who don't know me, my name is Sean (duh) and I am the site admin here.

Like many of you, I am also a new pool owner. This year will be our first full season with a pool and my family and I can't wait. Also, like a lot of you, I am still learning about pool care and chemistry. You'll probably see me give more advice about how to smoke a brisket than you will how to maintain pH. Although I'll share whatever limited knowledge I have. :wink:

I'm kind of a forum nut so it was a natural fit for me to start this site. Aside from personal experience, I think learning from others experience is one of the best ways to learn. As far as the other reasons for starting this site, well... there has already been enough about that in other posts. 8)

My family and I (wife and 3 kids) live in Missouri City, Texas - a Houston suburb. I'm not a native Texan, but like the saying goes...I got here as fast as I could.

I have worked as a Process Technician in a chemical plant for the past 9 years. I work shift work which is why you may notice the occasional post from me at 3 AM. You were probably thinking I am just super dedicated, but no, I just have a lot of free time (usually) when I'm working nights.

I'm learning about running a website and things like html as I go along. Your patience and encouragement in this endeavour has been great.

Anyway, that's about all for now. I've thoroughly enjoyed meeting some of you already and look forward to getting to know many more.

SeanB

Re: Hello All

SeanB said:
I thought I would go first. For those of you who don't know me, my name is Sean (duh) and I am the site admin here.

Like many of you, I am also a new pool owner. This year will be our first full season with a pool and my family and I can't wait. Also, like a lot of you, I am still learning about pool care and chemistry. You'll probably see me give more advice about how to smoke a brisket than you will how to maintain pH. Although I'll share whatever limited knowledge I have. :wink:

I'm kind of a forum nut so it was a natural fit for me to start this site. Aside from personal experience, I think learning from others experience is one of the best ways to learn. As far as the other reasons for starting this site, well... there has already been enough about that in other posts. 8)

My family and I (wife and 3 kids) live in Missouri City, Texas - a Houston suburb. I'm not a native Texan, but like the saying goes...I got here as fast as I could.

I have worked as a Process Technician in a chemical plant for the past 9 years. I work shift work which is why you may notice the occasional post from me at 3 AM. You were probably thinking I am just super dedicated, but no, I just have a lot of free time (usually) when I'm working nights.

I'm learning about running a website and things like html as I go along. Your patience and encouragement in this endeavour has been great.

Anyway, that's about all for now. I've thoroughly enjoyed meeting some of you already and look forward to getting to know many more.

SeanB

I know everything about pools, but would like to know more about smoked briskets.
Can we have a forum set up for that?

(ducking)

I know some of you may be wondering, "Just who is this SeanB, and what does he look like?" So, here is a somewhat recent picture (this past Christmas).

I'm the short hairy one down front. ;)

67.jpg

Sean I will have to admit after the amount of time we have spent on the phone and the uncountable pm to get the site up you not what I expected. Great looking family and you aren't a geekey looking guy :shock: but I guess you didn't expect a redneck on the other end of the phone :roll:. Thanks for sharing and getting the ball rolling. It is a lot of fun and I have enjoyed putting faces with the names.
Steve