Water is cloudy...

Jul 8, 2016
Atlanta
The pool is clean, no debris or anything like that, but the water is cloudy. Saltwater, ~10k gallons.

pH is high, about 8, Chlorine is 3-4.

It was not cloudy several days ago. However, I did add ~5 lbs cyanuric acid.

Can CYA cause cloudiness? What should I do?

Thanks so much for any help that can be provided.

On a side note, I just bought my first house ~2 weeks ago and have never owned a pool before. I look forward to getting help, and helping others on this forum once I get a bearing for how to take care of a pool.

Cloudy 2.jpgCloudy 1.jpg

FYI - To make your 2005 kit a 2006 version, you'll simply want to order the FAS-DPD portion as soon as possible. It's s shame you added that CYA, it put you way too high. The CYA itself didn't make your water cloudy, the high CYA combined with low FC allowed algae to begin. Before you can attack that algae and "SLAM" (link below), you need to do a partial water exchange. Probably about 50% of your water to get the CYA down to about 50 in preparation for the SLAM. You'll also need that FAS-DPD portion to do the SLAM.

Not sure what prompted you to increase the CYA by so much, but always ensure to look at the TFP "Recommended Levels" chart (Link below) to ensure you are in the correct ranges for each chemical. Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.