TA conundrum...

cj3737

Jun 14, 2016
North Ogden, UT
So heres my battle...

current TA is 160ish...
Fill water TA is 180

Ive been playing he MA game trying to get my TA down. Wait for PH to get up to about 7.5, hit it 32oz MA to take it down to 7.1 while dropping TA about 10 every time I do it. Ive managed to drop it about 20 ppm in the last few weeks but by the time I get my ph back up enuf to drop it again, the water level drops and I have to add more fill water, almost negating my work with the MA additions. I had a small tear in the liner that was probably contributing to the water level but that is fixed so hopefully the water loss will be minimal now. Im also trying to raise the temp of the pool (only 6hours direct sunlight a day) so the cover stays on most of the time no allowing the PH to rise faster.

I don't want to add too much MA to drop it below 7 but it seems like its 1 step forward, 2 steps back.. IS there any other way to drop TA faster without dropping PH to low? IS a higher TA really that big of an issue?

I read calcium scaling in a vinyl pool is no good... I have average CH readings and don't really want any contributing factors. PH is mostly stable with the cover on.. Take about 2 days to come up to 7.5 after I add MA. Even with the cover off and aeration the PH doesn't come up too fast.. Ive never seen it above 7.6

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.