Reconstruction of Intex 12x30

eanik

Apr 25, 2016
Florida
Hello! Technically I am not new, but I am trying to set up a new liner from my 12x30 steel frame intex. I had some issues with being unlevel, take down, relevel and fill again. Then a pump leak fixed. Lastly a liner leak which led me to send it back for a replacement. I never did locate the leak, so I am not sure of the cause. But I do wonder if it could have been from the pavers I used to support the legs. They didn't dig in really. In fact, hardly touched at all, BUT now I'm concerned about using them again. Half of summer is gone and we're still trying to have a pool to enjoy. The base is sand. Is it necessary to have paver base for the steel legs. I will if it will be a disaster without, but I will try to position them perfectly before filling. Opinions, tips and tricks? Thanks!

If you make sure the pavers are level with the ground, they won't rub on the liner. They do ensure that splash out over the top and rain don't cause the legs to sink. (I didn't have them under my 18' metal frame and the legs did indeed sink a bit. I then had to find a way to place them under after the pool was up.)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.