Pentair Minimax NT 400 vacuum problem -E-04

N8NW

Jul 7, 2016
Medford
I have a Pentair Minimax 400 NT heater. It was giving me an E-04. The blower wasn't really moving any air so I replaced it. The heater worked for about 4 minutes and popped the code again.
So I changed the air flow switch. No change. I jumped the air flow switch, after the blower started and voilà, it works. I put a little suction on the hose and again, it works.
Could it be a bad blower motor? Also, when I changed the blower motor there was some heavy caulking around the hood. Could the lack of that caulking be the problem?

When I replace the blower motor on these units, I just pop the motor off and replace it with the new one. I don't replace the entire housing that the new blower comes with. I have not seen where the seal has any negative effect if it's not sealed back in place. Now if you have a large hole in the main hood it could cause some issues, possibly. Did you use the correct part number when you got the replacement blower? This would be the correct part number for your unit, 472374.

Did you look down the opening when you took the old motor out and see if there were any obstructions down there?

When I replace the blower motor on these units, I just pop the motor off and replace it with the new one. I don't replace the entire housing that the new blower comes with. I have not seen where the seal has any negative effect if it's not sealed back in place. Now if you have a large hole in the main hood it could cause some issues, possibly. Did you use the correct part number when you got the replacement blower? This would be the correct part number for your unit, 472374.

Did you look down the opening when you took the old motor out and see if there were any obstructions down there?

Same issue here, could anyone suggest the correct model# of the replacement motor only?(and possibly a place of purchase?) Thank you

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.