Can't clear my pool

kicko

Jul 14, 2008
Topic split off from this thread. Moderator.

I opened up to a slight film on the liner which i have scrubbed a lot off. I added one gallon of 12% shock and algecide(for the Aw) to the pool so far and have been running it for 2 days. Is there such a thing as too much shock? Everyone say shock the bejeebies out of it :shock: . I Imagine you can over do it but it the levels should drop in time.

My pool is 32x16 4ft deep. I estimate its about 16,000 gallons.

My testing so far has been very minimal with a junk test kit. I know everything is on the low side but i dont have specific numbers. The water itself is not too bad just a tad bit cloudy (from the alge my guess)

any advice would be great.

When in doubt you should begin a new topic regarding your own pool situation. :wink:

Without a full set of test results, we can't really offer appropriate advice. So if you would post test numbers, we can help you.

It sounds to me like you haven't used enough chlorine. Read How to Shock your Pool and Defeating Algae in Pool School.

(you should put your pool info in your signature. Go to User Control Panel, then Profile, then Edit Signature. Tell us the type of pool, size, type of filter, etc.)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.