Please help me with the new intex liner. What to do with the 3rd hole????????

Hi all,
I had an 18 X 48 Ultra Frame Intex pool last year that was second hand (was a pre-2014 liner) as a starter pool for my 11 year old son. This year I decided to replace the pool liner and ended up getting a new 20 X 48 ultra Frame liner to upgrade to a bigger pool since I already had the frame work and pump from mine along with the extra framework from a friend's pool (that was the same size) that was moving and decided she wasn't going to take it with her since the liner had holes in the bottom and her new house already had an existing pool.
My dilemma started when I opened the box to the new liner this morning got it laid out, the realized that it didn't have 2 holes like the liner I had but 3 holes and I was ready to cry. I then proceeded to call intex and they told me I had to get all of these other parts to work with the new liner but half of what they said I needed was out of stock and I would have to wait for it to come in to order it.
I figured there had to be a way for me to use the parts that I already have from the existing pool. So I got on here and started researching. I have found that you can cut one of the holes larger to accommodate the inlet/outlet parts I already have from the old pool.
My dilemma is what to do about the 3rd hole. Can I patch it from the inside and cut the rubber that sticks out on the outside and patch it on the outside also? Or do I need to go a different route all together? I am completely baffled with this situation altogether.
All reply's, suggestions & help are greatly appreciated, since I am out of my element with this and have my 11 yr old son asking my every few hours when I am going to have the pool done so he can get in. Thanks so much!

The inlet part I have is bigger than the hole that is there. I don't have a black plug to plug it with, I didn't buy the whole thing just a new liner) already had the frame, the pump w/ lines, skimmer, inlet & outlet pieces, plungers & lines from the 18 X 48 intex ultra frame setup. My older pool liner (made before 2014) only had 2 big holes (one inlet line to the pump & one outlet line from the pump to the pool.)
When I called intex today they said the inlet piece and the split hose plunger valve are out of stock along with 3 of the other parts that I have to have to hook it up to the new and they don't know when the stuff will come in. I would prefer to use what I already from the old pool for the inlet.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
to reuse your old fittings, you'll need to cut the holes on your new liner to the size of your old fittings that you will be reusing
take the old fitting apart ,use the gasket to trace the inside of the gasket circle on the new liner with a sharpie marker.
center the gasket over the smaller hole on the new liner
cut with an exacto knife or box cutter.
screw old fittings into new larger hole.
if there is an extra hole, patch over it on the inside of the pool liner
no need to patch the outside, unless you want to

you patched over on the inside, correct? I would have cut around the entire black section & patched, so it was a flat surface. If it looks totally sealed to you guys & it is patched from the inside, it will be fine. If you can see a crease that will allow water to follow the crease out of pool, then putting a patch on the outside probably won't help.
If you are worried then cut around the black part & patch over the flat surface ( inside of pool)
check this thread, it has pics that are like what you need to do
Cutting Larger Intake Return holes in your Intex

I didn't see any bubbles or air pockets and he used half a tube of the glue....lol. I put it on a couple of stacked flat pavers to keep it out of the grass then stacked 3 more on top of it to make sure it got a good seal. I am going to let it cure for the 24 hours per the instructions then check it. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Hopefully I will be able to move on and cut the larger hole for the intake.
Mulia thank you for helping me and providing the link to cutting the intake larger. This is only my second year having a pool so I am learning step by step and am sure I will have lots of other questions to ask.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.