2 New Intex Pools Advice Needed.

freon

Jul 4, 2016
mason, michigan
A friend gave us an easyset 15'x48" pool with cartridge filter. My research on start up for that pool led me to this forum. After hours of reading and bookmarking pages here and there, I quickly came to the conclusion that I wanted a swg/sand filter. At the same time i was admiring the ultra frame rectangular models and next thing you know late night in bed on the ipad and the pool is Here.

After reading about how the filter and pump that comes with the 12x24x52 was lacking and that I should upgrade anyways I decided that instead of buying something for the easyset pool I will just adapt what came with my ultraframe and use the easyset for this year.
prep my ground this fall for the ultra frame and then buy a hayward pump/swg over the winter in preperation for the new pool setup next spring.

I have started putting together the sandfilter/pump combo but i noticed now that the inlet valve had 2 ports for 1.25" tubing on the newer model ultra frames. I guess I will just cut a hole in the liner of the easyset and put in a large strainer with new 1.5 valve like the output comes with and buy an extra hose.

while i am waiting for extra pieces to arrive should i go ahead and get the salt in the pool if its going to sit for a few days without any filtering?

Things i have done:
1. filled the easyset with well water approx 3700 gallons
2. ordered a tf-100 test kit should be here for the weekend.
3. threw some chlorine in the pool about 3 days ago

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.