New kit! Hard data!

Chriso

Jun 28, 2016
Center moriches
Ok, my taylor k2006 fasdpd kit finally came and I was able to get my levels. This is what I'm working with
FC= 7.4
CC= 1.4
Ph= 7.8
CYA= 55

My SWG is currently pumping at 60%. Water is very clear. Just not sure if my numbers are ok or if I need to do a overnight test.

Yes, I would do the OCLT just because your CC is elevated. Make sure when you do the OCLT that your SWG is "OFF". With clear water, you may just need some extra FC elevation to assist with CC burn-off for a day or two. You might consider increasing FC to about 20 or for this evening and see how that OCLT works-out. You can use regular bleach to help. Of course if you fail the OCLT, use a CYA of 60 as your yardstick which means your FC would need to be "24" for the SLAM as seen on the Chlorine/CYA Chart.

Oh, and for FC testing, use the 10ml sample size. 10ML water, one heaping scoop of powder, mix until clear. Take drop count and divide by 2. Example: 16 drops = FC of 8.

Hope that helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.