Lazy pool owner

Jul 7, 2016
Cincinnati, OH
We've lived in our house with a pool for 6 years now. Two years ago he (husband) replaced the liner when I wanted to fill it in. I'm tired of spending $100 a week on chemicals and and running the pool for days! This year it is high phosphates! On Saturday before the 4th of July it cost me $65+ plus for a big bottle of phosfree, that was at Leslie's which I don't regularly frequent. Went to my regular pool place today and another $50.00 for a commercial phos free stuff, and they want me to return tomorrow to check the level and then buy 3 cases of shock. All chemical levels are fine, but my pool has green spots and is cloudy. Also, we recently changed the sand and laterals because of getting sand in the pool through the returns. Happy to be here, maybe I can be a happy pool owner again!

The test strips (guess strips) simply do not provide the accuracy and consistency you need. We base our pool care system on accurate testing and only adding what the pool needs, when it needs it. To do that you need your own accurate test kit. No "shocking" every week "just because" or specialty chemicals that yo have no idea what they are doing to your pool. Every pool chemical we recommend can be purchased at local big box stores (Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot) without the fancy labels and high prices of the pool store.

Order a TF100 which should give you enough reagents for a couple of years normal use.

The only other real option for a test kit is a Taylor K-2006. Be careful comparing prices because the K-2006 comes in sizes, designated by a letter. The basic K-2006 has .75oz bottles. You need to get the K-2006-C to get the larger bottles that you want. Even then it is a little short on the reagent & powder for the FAS/DPD test.

I also have the SpeedStir and Sample Sizer. They speed testing and accuracy.