Fogging System?

From_Arizona

LifeTime Supporter
May 8, 2007
Glendale, AZ
Does anyone have any experience with fogging system in their pool? I am looking to ge a FogCo in deck fog system installed and wondering if anyone could comment on how well it cools the surface or any installation suggestions? This is similar to a misting system along your patio, but this is sent directly at your pool water line to form fog that rolls across the pool.
This is what it is (http://www.fogsystem.com) (http://www.fogco.com/fogdeck.asp)

edited to add the fogdeck address...

I am currently reviewing bids and product from three companies and will be making our decision this weekend. I will update once the decison is made and installation begins.

FOG - this is a nice to have in the deck of the pool, will reduce temp too
MIST/FOG on patio - this is a must have in AZ, high pressure is the only way to go. I am dreading next week with our anticipated high of 116 degrees. This can cool your patio area by up to 30 degrees.

Looks cool.

It is using a separate water source, right? Not the pool water.

Those little nozzles get calcified and clogged up, pretty easily. Perhaps the high pressure system prevents more of that. I've seen some of those get drippy rather than fogging properly.

They are sure nice at times, though, to have around the patio and for sure when you have to wait outside at a restaurant.

Hi Buggs -

This is a high pressure system that you use fresh (non pool) water connection, the system we are looking at is around 1250 psi. There is a filter to reduce any larger particles of matter and then the high pressure will push all else out the nozzle. I previously used a low pressure do-it-yourself misting system and had nothing but issues due to AZ water issues. They worked great the day you cleaned the heads, then next day drips, clogs, etc. We have changed the pump and water location, hope to reduce the bid by $1K by doing so - hope to get it installed fast since we are wilting in the heat!!

Wish I was swimming already with 116 degree anticipated Wed

Fogging System is in!

Our fogging system was installed today by www.azfogwizards.com and I posted pictures on my Pool Build Thread.

This company was not the cheapest, but they used high quality components such as 316 grade stainless steel and a high pressure (1500-2000psi) pump. This created more of a fog effect vs. a mist effect and does not get my patio windows wet.
I have 27 nozzles across and on teh sides of my patio and 12 nozzles in my pool deck. Once the ramada/palapa is built, they will install the 24 nozzles in that location.

I have tested it twice and the fog starts to flow across my entire yard...it is awesome!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.