La Porte/Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
The end of our construction is nearing, but from what I've been reading - it's just the beginning!! lol.. It's been a long 9 week process and we are expected to plaster tomorrow (fingers crossed). I am very nervous about all of the water testing and you experts on here seem to have it all down pat. I was going through the things our builder gave us and I have a Pentair Rainbow Pool and Spa Test Kit. Would you suggest I get the TF100 or will mine suffice?

Thank you ~ Tanya

That's what I thought, but didn't want to start buying things that aren't necessary. Husband is still getting over sticker shock from just the pool.. lol.

Sorry - just getting back to the forum. Well - they plastered on Friday and saw the PB for about 30 minutes that morning. He said it would take approx. 48 hrs to fill a pool our size. His timing was off and it was done in about 30hrs. They guy plastering told me that they would be out Monday to do the acid wash and then we can just brush it and start up on the chemicals. My husband and I have never owned a pool and have no clue what needs to be done (besides what we are reading). After 2 phone calls and 2 text messages on Friday, our PB finally texts a reply Saturday afternoon, to let us know that a sump pump was put in the pool and the acid was poured and he would give us a call this week. Of course this was done during the only hour we left the house that day. Now we are still sitting here with a pump sitting in the bottom of the pool circulating water and thats it. Not sure if we are suppose to be brushing or doing anything. The PB said originally he would be taking care of the start up - but we are worried that more should have been done by now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.