Hulllooo Everyone! Coming to U from Mays Landing NJ

I love this site sooo much great info. thanks for the good work!:cool:

So here is a little bit about my pool. It is 2 yrs. old

Intex Above Ground - Rect. Ultra Frame Pool - 12'x24'x52" - 8408 Gallons. Well Water.
Saltwater System- Model CS15110

It is in my back yard - nice size - I also want to build a deck around it so any recommendations will be helpful. I have 2 beagles but they do not show any interest in getting in.

I do need some help in getting the water crystal clear - should I post here or in another thread?

Yay so glad to be here!!

Nikki :p

Hey! Hi how are you thanks for the welcome...

Ok so after reading on here I bought the Taylor Complete K-2006

A little history - pool was great last year, we covered it for the winter but it was a POS so it did not do its job and we ended up with the dreaded Green Pool. So I have done the research on here and been working on it for 1 month now and it is almost clear but not crystal.. these are my numbers for today.

FC - .2ppm - when I did this test today it turned slightly pink after a lot of the powder
CC - didn't find any
PH - 7.6-7.7
TA - 100ppm
Calcium Hardness - 80ppm

CYA - When I do this test the black dot in the tube never disappears even when it is full to the top so I am not sure....what to do here.

The water is not crystal but I can see the bottom and sides but I just need to figure out how to get it clear..

All help is appreciated!

tx

N

Ok, it looks like you need some CYA and some bleach in that badboy!

What have you been using to chlorinate so far?? Go pour 1/2 gallon of household bleach in it NOW while we figure out your CYA deficit. It won't last long in the sun but you're heading for the algae-train if you don't get on it today!

Do you have any granular or liquid CYA stabilizer at home? If not zip over to Lowes or Walmart and pick up a 4# jug of granular. Put 32 ounces in to a sock and hang it over the side of the pool (or put it in your skimmer as long as you keep the pump running until it dissolves). That is what will "hold on" to your FC.
That should bring you up to 30ppm. Then you need to test daily and keep your FC at 4ppm. [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]

Can you do all that today?

Hey ..

Ok I could not do it yesterday work was crazy but I have time today. So I will have to go buy some bleach and I do have a tub of stabilizer. I have been using bleach and I did baking soda for the TA.

So how much bleach today? Also do I run the SW, the Boost cycle or just the reg Filter?

thanks so much

N

You needed that bleach in there yesterday.... you've basically gone these past days with no protection from algae. You need the instant rise in FC that bleach will give you that the SWG can't. SWGs are best at maintaining a FC level but its a lot to ask it to go from zero to x amount fast enough to prevent disease transmission or algae outbreak.

Please use PoolMath to help you guide you in amounts.

Hey.. so pool is clean and debris and algae free - vacuumed and scrubbed. It is still a tad cloudy. Still trying for that crystal clear water.Here are my numbers today.. I am running the Boost cycle on the SWG. Also, is it safe to swim??
FC = 1
CC = .4
PH = 7.4
TA = 80
CYA = dot still does not disappear when I do the test. Do have a sock with some hanging in the pool.

Let me know your thoughts thanks so much

Nikki

Get some more FC in there (via bleach) because the SWG can't work that fast to jack the FC up if there is cloudy water still to deal with (possibly still have algae?).

It is safe to swim in up to the SLAM level, but only if you can see the bottom (safety issue).