white spots in blue plaster pool

My pool is about 18 months old now, and is forming white spots that are concerning me.

spotsinpool.jpg

I have done some research on this, but there seem to be several possible causes so I'm looking for more experienced advice on how to combat this issue before it gets worse, and hopefully reverse it.

Add your location, city AND state to your profile so it shows up over there <----. Sorry for all caps but an amazing number of people only add their city and not their state, which often doesn't help.

Update your signature to show what type of pool finish you have and when it was completed. ie, pebbetec, quartscapes, plaster, etc

Give us the last few sets of test results and how you got them.

More info here on what we need to better help you, Pool School - Read This Before You Post

It's a plaster pool with a saltwater generator.

pH 7.2
Cl 1.5 ppm

(these two change every few days, I add acid and bleach regularly to supplement the SWG during hot periods or extra swimmer load)

TA 70
CH is always a strange test for me, it never "turns blue" but the precipitation gets a bit blueish around 750
CYA ~20

TF-100 test kit

I have an autocover if it matters.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.