How much FC is "too much" ?

This year I have the mindset that I am going to maintain as high a level of FC's so as to not cause harm to my swimmer guests. Right now my FC is 5, and my kids swam for severall hours this past memorial day. I can smell "chlorine", near the pool, but my kids had no problems at all. No red eye, or irritation. Is FC of 5 too high? OK ? how about FC of 6? Thanks!

Rich

Chlorine smell is almost always from elevated CC's. Ideally you want your CC to read 0, anything over .5 you should shock the pool. As stated above, your appropriate FC level is dictated by your CYA level.

If you don't have a good test kit, you should order one of the recommended kits. Read the article in Pool School that compares them.

frustratedpoolmom said:
Chlorine smell is almost always from elevated CC's. Ideally you want your CC to read 0, anything over .5 you should shock the pool. As stated above, your appropriate FC level is dictated by your CYA level.

If you don't have a good test kit, you should order one of the recommended kits. Read the article in Pool School that compares them.

I have a TF100 kit , and my CYA is 50

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.