My 95 lb dog sliced a 1/4 inch gash in Solar Bear heater...

Feb 2, 2008
Northwest Indiana
I was wondering if there are any tips on how to repair this. I know they sell a repair kit, but is there anything I can do do repair this without spending that kind of money. I have only had it since the begining of the month. Just wondering if anyone has experience?

frustratedpoolmom said:
She's only 95 lbs? You weighed her lately? :mrgreen: :p

yeah when she jumped up on Cyndi's back this morning while she was laying in bed...She said it didn't feel like 100 lbs...only 95... :mrgreen:

We will find out for sure in the next couple of weeks...it is time for her annual checkup...she needs the Lyme Disease booster...Do you guys get one for Bandit, with all the camping and up north? My friend Heather rescued a dog on the side of the road and found out it had lyme disease...It is really bad on dogs...poor guy took months to recover. Kinda like me when I had it! :grrrr:

Just in case anyone has this problem with their solar bear solar heater panels...Mark the leak with a wax pencil...Let the solar bear drain a little and when it is no longer oozing water from the leak...Take some good old fashioned crazy glue and glue the spot...You want to over glue the spot by about two inches on either side of the spot that is leaking...Let it dry overnight, and then reattach...so far it has held and has been running for about 4 hours now. Better than paying $35 for the repair kit.

Cubbybeave!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.