Can I pipe a dedicated vacuum line?

Jul 7, 2016
Londonderry/NH
I am looking to add a dedicated vacuum line to my AGP. I was wondering if it made sense to even do this, and if so if my methods would seem correct.

I am looking to add either a bypass or a 3-way diverter coming from the skimmer towards my pump.

The picture I drew is terrible, but hopefully you will get the gist of it. Also, could i replace the whole bypass with a 3-way diverter coming down from the skimmer?

Also, not sure if this would work because I don't know how I'd get my hose filled with water and then attach it to the pipe?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks everyone in advance.

Attachments

• Drawing.jpg
    Drawing.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 60
Welcome to TFP!

Many threads show the plumbing for the setup you want. Either use 3 way valve, or just tee the suction line and have 2 shut off valves, one to the skimmer and one to the vacuum line. No need for the loop.

Easiest way to fill the hose is by holding it over the return jet while the pump is running.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.