Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My pool has leaves at thee bottom

1. Back To Top    #1

My pool has leaves at thee bottom

My pool has a bunch of leaves at bottom, can anyone point me in a direction to get these out, tools to use or make. I have a leaf rake, think its called that hooks to a water hose but that seems to take for ever.
    ???
    My Pool:
    Foxx Pool Grecian style 19' X 39'
    27k, with a sand filter=300 lbs of sand

vinyl liner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My pool has leaves at thee bottom

The leaf eater you have is a good option for a lot of leaves. You may just not have enough hose pressure. if you buy the proper fittings (1.5" male threaded reduced down to 3/4" male threaded on the other side) you can run it from one of your pool returns which will probably give you more power and allows you to use a shorter hose.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: My pool has leaves at thee bottom

Quote Originally Posted by spishex
    The leaf eater you have is a good option for a lot of leaves. You may just not have enough hose pressure. if you buy the proper fittings (1.5" male threaded reduced down to 3/4" male threaded on the other side) you can run it from one of your pool returns which will probably give you more power and allows you to use a shorter hose.
    Now that is a good idea! I'll have to do that for mine.
    15,500 gal, inground gunite pool with 7 ft spa, 2 speed pump 2hp/.33hp, 3/4 hp booster pump, Intermatic P1353 timer, AutoPilot SC-48, Sand filter with ZeoBest, Heater, that I never use . . .